Lecturers and Teaching Assistants
Prof. Nir Orion
Course Schedule and Location
Thursday, 12:30 - 14:00, Musher, Lab 3
Field of Study, Course Type and Credit Points
Science Teaching: Lecture; Elective; 2.00 points
Science Teaching -Teaching Certificate: Lecture; Obligatory; 0.00 points
Obligatory only for Teaching certificate
On 11.4. 2019 the lecture will be held at- FGS 1
Attendance and participation
Required in at least 80% of the lectures
Scheduled date 1
Estimated Weekly Independent Workload (in hours)
The course will deal with four learning environments: the lab, the outdoor, the computer and the classroom. The course will focus on the acquaintance and understanding the educational potential of each of the learning environments and mainly on the integration of all of them to a coherent learning scheme. The course will start with learning about the educational advantages and limitations of each learning environment. Then, each student will have to map the use of these learning environments within his/her own discipline of study and to evaluate the quantity as well as the quality of the use and integration of learning environments within his/her discipline.
Upon successful completion of this course- students should be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of the learning environments of his/her discipline.
- Describe the purpose of each learning environment.
- Differentiate activities for each learning environment.
- Discuss critically limitations of each learning environment.
- Explain the criteria for selection of activities for a specific learning environment.
- Choose learning environments for teaching a specific topic.
- Select and employ specific activities for a specific learning environment.
- Schedule the timeline of a teaching sequence.
- Analyze variables that might influence the effectiveness of a specific learning sequence.
- Critically analyze the influence of a specific activity on the effectiveness of the learning sequence.
- Argue the need for the integration of learning environments for teaching a specific topic.
- Recognize and formulate the advantages and disadvantages of each learning environment.
- Assemble sequences of coherent activities in different learning environment for teaching a specific topic.
- Evaluate the outcomes of a specific learning sequence.
- Summarize the main contributions of each learning environment on the outcomes of a specific learning sequence.