Biology Module: Theory based Teaching Practices for the Design of a Learning Unit
Lecturers and Teaching Assistants
Dr. Inbal Ester Flash Gvili, Dr. Gilat Brill
Course Schedule and Location
Tuesday, 13:00 - 14:30, FGS, Rm A
Field of Study, Course Type and Credit Points
Science Teaching (non thesis MSc Track): Lecture; Obligatory; 2.00 points
1st sementer course number: 20196281
Biology Module: Methods for Researching a Learning Unit Design
Attendance and participation
Scheduled date 1
Estimated Weekly Independent Workload (in hours)
This is the second course in a sequence of three, in which students are learning toward their final project in the program. During this course students are introduced to teaching practices/strategies that are based on a leraning theory. They are also expected to develop a learning unit that implement a theory based teaching practice.
Upon successful completion of the course- students should be able to:
- Describe in their own words a theory based teaching practice
- Explain in their own words how a chosen teaching practice is based on a learning theory.
- Design a learning unit based on the cosen teahing practice to achive a desired learning outcome.
- Design learning outcomes for their unit based on their expericenc and biology high school curricular goals.
- Adapt existing quantiative assessment tools so to evaluate a desired learning outcome.
Each student will receive individual list of suggested reading according to the subject of their project.