Analysis and sorting by flow andimage cytometry
Lecturers and Teaching Assistants
Dr. Ziv Porat, Dr. Tomer Meir Salame, Dr. Ekaterina Kopitman, Dr. Efrat Hagai
Course Schedule and Location
2/6-6/6 2019; 9:00-16:00; Venue- see comments,
Field of Study, Course Type and Credit Points
Life Sciences: Laboratory; Elective; 0.50 points
Life Sciences (Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience Track): Laboratory; Elective; 0.50 points
Life Sciences (Computational and Systems Biology Track): Laboratory; Elective; 0.50 points
Lecture 9:00-10:30 at
Candiotty seminar room, lab at Wolfson room 21, 10:45-13:00 (morning group) or 13:45-16:00 (afternoon group)
Attendance and participation
Estimated Weekly Independent Workload (in hours)
- Principles of operation of Flow and Image Cytometers: the flow systems, sample excitation and illumination, sample detectors.
- Applications of Flow and Image Cytometry: measurement of multiple color staining, DNA measurements, Nuclear - cytoplasm translocations.
- Cell Sorting and analysis of yield and purity.
- Preparation of samples.
- Data analysis.
Upon successful completion of this course students should be able to:
- Discuss the principles and some applications of Flow and Image Cytometry.
- Run samples on Flow and Image Cytometers.
- Analyze samples with multi-color staining.
- Sort multi-color cell populations to test tubes.
- Perform cell cycle analysis.
- Shapiro H. M - Practical Flow Cytometry.
- Givan A. L - Flow Cytometry first principles.
- Ormerod M. G. - Flow Cytometry