Laboratory animals at the Weizmann Institute of Science
Lecturers and Teaching Assistants
Dr. Noa Stettner
Course Schedule and Location
Field of Study, Course Type and Credit Points
Life Sciences: Laboratory; Elective; Regular; 0.00 points
Life Sciences (Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience Track): Laboratory; Elective; Regular; 0.00 points
Life Sciences (Brain Sciences: Systems, Computational and Cognitive Neuroscience Track): Laboratory; Elective; Regular; 0.00 points
Life Sciences (Computational and Systems Biology Track): Laboratory; Elective; Regular; 0.00 points
This course is compulsory for those who intend to work with animals. Participants who pass the course will be granted permission to work with laboratory animals. The course includes procedures on animals.
*Please note special schedule
Attendance and participation
Estimated Weekly Independent Workload (in hours)
- Working with the IACUC
- Working with the Laboratory mouse
- Working with the Laboratory rat
- Design and statistical analysis of laboratory animal studies
- Occupational health and safety in the care and use of research animals
- Genetics and breeding colony management
Frontal day and the Feinberg Graduate School
- Ethic and the Israeli law lecture
- How to fill the IACUC form lecture
- Pathology lab
- Procedure lab
33 multiple answer test. 1 hour.
Upon successful completion of this course students should be able to:
- Explain principles in laboratory animals' medicine.
- Demonstrate proficiency advanced methodology and experimental approaches in animals' experimentation.
- Perform commonly used procedures in different species as well as a postmortem dissection.