General module: Introduction to academic writing
Lecturers and Teaching Assistants
Dr. Mira Tenzer
Course Schedule and Location
מרץ 5 ו-12' 09:00-15:00, FGS, Rm B
Field of Study, Course Type and Credit Points
Science Teaching (non thesis MSc Track): Mini course; Obligatory; Regular; 0.00 points
, 09:00-15:00 הסדנא תתקיים בתאריכים 5 ו- 12 במרץ
B במדרשת פיינברג כיתה
Attendance and participation
Estimated Weekly Independent Workload (in hours)
The aim of this course is to enhance academic writing abilities in order to improve the writing level of tasks and final projects written by the students.
Main topics in the course:
- The structure and various components of academic documents:
- Rules of academic writing:
- Efficient use of the web and different resource centers:
- Techniques for searching relevant theories (resources) and how to present them
- Ways of data presentations
Upon successful completion of the course students will be able to:
- Describe the structure and various components of academic documents.
- List the rules of academic writing.
- Demonstrate an efficient use of the web and different resource centers.
- Use techniques for searching theories.
- Present data in lucid way.
- Write a draft of an academic theoretical research proposal in any topic according to APA citation style.
Reading material is available at the course website.