Lecturers and Teaching Assistants
Prof. Boaz Binyamin Klartag
Course Schedule and Location
Monday, 14:15 - 17:00, Ziskind, Rm 155
Field of Study, Course Type and Credit Points
Mathematics and Computer Science: Lecture; Elective; Regular; 3.00 points
Will be taught via Zoom starting April 19th.
Familiarity with multivariate calculus (say, the divergence threorem) and real analysis (say, the Lebesgue measure).
Attendance and participation
Estimated Weekly Independent Workload (in hours)
Fourier transform in Euclidean space, tempered distributions, singular integrals, stationary phase, pseudodifferential operators, elliptic regularity, uncertainty principle, Weyl law.
Upon successful completion of this course students should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic theorems in Harmonic Analysis.
- Apply the methods and tools of Harmonic Analysis in other areas of mathematics and science.
- Work with the Fourier Transform and form an intuition on related mathematical concepts.
- H. Dym, H. P. McKean, Fourier series and integrals.
- Y. Katznelson, An introduction to harmonic analysis.
- T. Körner, Fourier analysis.
- X. Saint Raymond, Elementary introduction to the theory of pseudodifferential operators.
- E. Stein, Singular integrals and differentiability properties of functions.
- E. Stein, G. Weiss, Introduction to Fourier analysis on Euclidean spaces.