Analysis and sorting by flow and image cytometry
Lecturers and Teaching Assistants
Dr. Ziv Porat, Dr. Tomer Meir Salame, Dr. Efrat Hagai, Dr. Ekaterina Kopitman
Course Schedule and Location
10-14/11/2019, lectures 9:00-10:30, lab groups: morning 10:45-13:00 or afternoon 13:45-16:00.. Location- TBA,
Field of Study, Course Type and Credit Points
Life Sciences: Laboratory; Elective; Regular; 0.50 points
Life Sciences (Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience Track): Laboratory; Elective; Regular; 0.50 points
Life Sciences (Brain Sciences: Systems, Computational and Cognitive Neuroscience Track): Laboratory; Elective; Regular; 0.50 points
Life Sciences (Computational and Systems Biology Track): Laboratory; Elective; Regular; 0.50 points
* On 10-12/11 the lectures will be held at Wolfson Auditorium
* on 13-14/11 the lectures will be held at San Martin Seminar Room
Attendance and participation
Estimated Weekly Independent Workload (in hours)
- Principles of operation of Flow and Image Cytometers: the flow systems, sample excitation and illumination, sample detectors.
- Applications of Flow and Image Cytometry: measurement of multiple color staining, DNA measurements, Nuclear - cytoplasm translocations.
- Cell Sorting and analysis of yield and purity.
- Preparation of samples.
- Data analysis.
Upon successful completion of this course students should be able to:
- Discuss the principles and some applications of Flow and Image Cytometry.
- Run samples on Flow and Image Cytometers.
- Analyze samples with multi-color staining.
- Sort multi-color cell populations to test tubes.
- Perform cell cycle analysis.
- Shapiro H. M - Practical Flow Cytometry.
- Givan A. L - Flow Cytometry first principles.
- Ormerod M. G. - Flow Cytometry