1. Electronic Structure and bonding. Basic orbitals theory. Hybridization; molecular geometries; resonance. Electronegativity.
2. Basic concepts of organic reactions. Reaction kinetics and profiles. Acidity and basicity.
3. General overview of organic compounds according to functional groups.
4. Alkanes and cycloalkanes: conformations and radical reactions.
5. Stereochemistry: isomerism, chirality, enantiomers, diastereomers, optical rotation.
6. Nucleophilic substitution reactions. Nucleophiles and electrophiles. Organic halides.
7. Addition and elimination reactions. Alkenes, alcohols and ethers.
8. Carbonyl function and its reactivity. Aldehydes and ketones.
9. Carboxylic acids and derivatives. Peptide bond.
10. Aromaticity. Electrophilic aromatic substitution.