Didactics of teaching Chemistry
Lecturers and Teaching Assistants
Ms. Sara Akons, Dr. Malka Yayon, Dr. Ruth Waldman
Course Schedule and Location
Thursday, 09:00 - 12:00
Field of Study, Course Type and Credit Points
Science Teaching -Teaching Certificate: Lecture; Obligatory; Regular; 0.00 points
הקורס יערך במעבדה להוראת המדעים
Attendance and participation
Required in at least 80% of the lectures
Scheduled date 1
Scheduled date 2
Estimated Weekly Independent Workload (in hours)
- High school chemistry curriculum, including the chemistry laboratory program
- Skills such as: inquiry, asking questions, argumentation, knowledge integration by concept maps, etc.
- Alternative assessment methods.
- Diversity of methods for integrating computers in the teaching and learning process (including synchronic and a-synchronic lessons).
- Problems of misconceptions and strategies for coping with this problem.
- Personalized instruction.
- Class management.
Upon successful completion of this course- students should be able to:
- Master basic schools Chemistry curriculum.
- Fill-in a matriculation exam related to high school’s chemistry curriculum.
- Perform and teach chemistry laboratory experiments according to the teaching program.
- Demonstrate a variety of teaching and assessment methods
Textbooks which are taught at the basic chemistry level in high school.
The document of the high school chemistry curriculum
- The booklet of the Inquiry-type chemistry laboratory program.