Protein purification, crystallisation and structural analysis
Lecturers and Teaching Assistants
Dr. Shira Albeck, Dr. Orly Dym, Dr. Yael Fridmann-Sirkis
Course Schedule and Location
June 6 - June 10 2021 between 10:00 - 17;00, FGS, Lab
Field of Study, Course Type and Credit Points
Life Sciences: Laboratory; Elective; Regular; 0.50 points
Chemical Sciences: Laboratory; Elective; Regular; 0.50 points
Life Sciences (Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience Track): Laboratory; Elective; Regular; 0.50 points
Life Sciences (Computational and Systems Biology Track): Laboratory; Elective; Regular; 0.50 points
Attendance and participation
Estimated Weekly Independent Workload (in hours)
- Bioinformatic analysis of proteins.
- Protein purification using: affinity, ion exchange, size exclusion, hydrophobic interaction, AS precipitation, refolding IBs.
- Protein analysis: removal of tags, SDS PAGE, dialysis, concentration of proteins and methods to determine protein concentration.
- Protein evaluation of fold
- Crystallization of proteins
- Analysis of protein- protein interaction using MST and Biacore
- 3D structure determination and preliminary structure analysis.
Upon successful completion of this course students should be able to:
- Demonstrate basic knowledge and experience in protein bioinformatics, purification, analysis, crystallization, and 3D structure determination.