Analysis and sorting by flow and image cytometry
Lecturers and Teaching Assistants
Dr. Ziv Porat, Dr. Tomer Meir Salame, Dr. Ekaterina Kopitman, Dr. Efrat Hagai
Course Schedule and Location
Introductory lecture at 10/11,
Field of Study, Course Type and Credit Points
Life Sciences: Laboratory; Elective; Regular; 1.00 points
13-17/11/2022, with an introductory lecture at 10/11/2022.
Attendance and participation
Estimated Weekly Independent Workload (in hours)
- Principles of operation of Flow and Image Cytometers: the flow systems, sample excitation and illumination, sample detectors.
- Applications of Flow and Image Cytometry: measurement of multiple color staining, DNA measurements, Nuclear - cytoplasm translocations.
- Cell Sorting and analysis of yield and purity.
- Preparation of samples.
- Data analysis.
Upon successful completion of this course students should be able to:
- Discuss the principles and some applications of Flow and Image Cytometry.
- Run samples on Flow and Image Cytometers.
- Analyze samples with multi-color staining.
- Sort multi-color cell populations to test tubes.
- Perform cell cycle analysis.
- Shapiro H. M - Practical Flow Cytometry.
- Givan A. L - Flow Cytometry first principles.
- Ormerod M. G. - Flow Cytometry