this is a all year long course, consist of an online program (AALAS learning library) and hands on lab with one of the veterinarians. you can enroll at any time of the year.
Online Course: containing 7 modules
- Working with the IACUC
- Working with the Laboratory mouse
- Working with the Laboratory rat
- Design and statistical analysis of laboratory animal studies
- Occupational health and safety in the care and use of research animals
- Genetics and breeding colony management
Frontal lab day
working with laboratory mice- handling and restraining frequently used injections, blood collection and short pathology lab.
33 multiple choice questions 1 hour.