Chemistry module: research laboratory workshop
Lecturers and Teaching Assistants
Prof. Ron Blonder
Noya Itzhak, Leah Shavitt
Course Schedule and Location
Field of Study, Course Type and Credit Points
Science Teaching (non thesis MSc Track): Laboratory; Obligatory; Regular; 2.00 points
לתלמידי שנה א
For students in the Rothschild-Weizmann program only
Attendance and participation
Estimated Weekly Independent Workload (in hours)
The course will focus on conducting an educational project that aims at introducing either an innovative chemistry topic in class, or an innovative teaching approach.
The educational project will be evaluated by the students.
In order to design and conduct the educational project the course will introduce:
- Selected topics in chemistry.
- Guided reading of research papers.
- Different approaches for innovative teaching interventions in class.
- Development of a teaching project based on the above sections.
- Introduction to assessment and evaluation in science education.
Upon successful completion of the course students will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the scientist's work
- Describe the results of their lab study
- Build a scientific presentation of the study
- Present the content of the research in which the participated
As provided by the guide in the research laboratory