• Introduction drug discovery.
• From target to Lead - overview and general concepts.
• Literature review & screening technologies
• General concepts for biochemical and cell-based assays.
• The current status of drug discovery in industry, biotech and academia.
• Methods to analyze in-vitro biological assay data.
• Analysis of images from High Content Screening.
• Screening of biochemical and cell based assays against a small molecule library (proof-of-concept screen).
Introduction to medicinal chemistry
Introduction to computational chemistry
• ADME-Tox assays (e.g. cell viability, apoptosis, cardiotoxicity and mitochondrial toxicity).
Practical Training Sessions
Participants will experience hands-on training sessions using experimental methods to provide a foundation for applying in-vitro approaches in drug discovery.
The course takes place at the INCPM, drug discovery facility.