Physics module: Final project in physics education 1st year
Lecturers and Teaching Assistants
Prof. Yaron Lehavi, Dr. Eran Kaplan
Course Schedule and Location
Tuesday, 17:00 - 18:00, science teaching lab 2
Field of Study, Course Type and Credit Points
Science Teaching (non thesis MSc Track): Seminar; Obligatory; Regular; 0.50 points
פנים אל פנים או מתוקשב
שני מפגשים בלבד
For MSc students only
Attendance and participation
Grade Breakdown (in %)
(עבודת גמר (לא נחשב כמטלת סיום
Estimated Weekly Independent Workload (in hours)
The Seminar will assemble the following three complementary parts:
- Presentations of contemporary research in physics teaching by members of the Science Teaching department.
- Meetings and preparations with the scientist-advisors who lead the final projects.
- Reporting and discussing the progress of the project's development by the participating students and lecturers.
Upon successful completion of the course- students should be able to:
- Produce a complete project that covers a research subject with its implications to physics education (e.g. a paper published in the Israeli journal of physics teachers; a set of activities for students; teachers' workshop, etc.).
- Present and discuss their project in a lucid way in front of a professional audience.
According to the project's subject